Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~ Dr. Seuss

Pages

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Adventures at the DMV

I had to go to the DMV to renew my license plates today. I dread this chore, which is probably why I waited until my plates had been expired for 27 days before even attempting to get it done. The place is usually packed and I always know that I'm going to be waiting for about 3 months for my turn.

Even though the parking lot wasn't that full, and inside there were still empty chairs, I was glad that I took my book. At least I would have something to do while I waited. As it turned out, I didn't even need my book.

Right after I sat down and started reading, I heard a man say " did you say Faith Hill?". I didn't look up and I really didn't give it much thought, I just figured maybe someone had told him about a concert or something. A few minutes later, an older, spunky couple sat down in the chairs in front of me. I was still reading, but I heard the man say "G" and his wife said "Grace Kelly". Right then, I knew what was going on and I closed my book so I could hear. " Gidget, Gene Autrey, George Forman, Gwen Dahl D-A-H-L" By now I was smiling. I love this game. And I love it even more when two cute old people are playing it at the DMV where I can eves drop. "Goldie Hawn" she said, "Goldilocks" he said with a smirk.

After a few minutes with no more names that started with a G, I opened my book again. "H" the man said and the game was back on. "Heather Locklier, Hale Berry, Hope Blaine". That's about as far as they got when a lady yelled " number twenty four". Shoot, that was my number and this was just getting good.

No comments:

Post a Comment