Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~ Dr. Seuss

Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My car got sick last Friday

This isn't the first time my car has been in the shop. Last time, it was because I ran over a rivet and had a flat tire.

Something that couldn't be prevented. Well, I guess it could have been if someone hadn't left their rivets lying around.

This visit to the shop was different though.

There was real trouble. Flat tires are no problem, THIS was a problem.



We first thought something terrible had gone wrong with the engine. Some weird defect causing havoc that was going to require major engine repairs.

 The only comfort I had was the fact that I bought my jeep new. Two years ago, right after Chrysler started giving lifetime power train warranties. At least I wasn't going to have to pay for the tow and repair. So I thought. Until I got the news...

The gas was bad.

I bought a whole tank full of rotten disgusting gas.

 Luckily, it could be drained and the tank could be cleaned. And luckily, there was no damage done to my engine. I'm pretty sure crappy gas is not covered by my lifetime warranty.

 Chad took a sample of the sludge gas to the station where I bought it on Friday. They didn't care. We were the only complaint they had and they have since got new gas in their tanks.

I need more gas right now...Guess where I will not be getting it?
Terribles Town Chevron on Highway 160

2 comments:

  1. That's some serious liability on their part. I'd be calling the Better Business Bureau. Simply denying it like that is woefully inadequate.

    You're lucky. Someone else might not be.

    Gawd, I hate businesses like that! I won't be buying gas from them anytime soon, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister said I should also call the Department of Agriculture, weights and measures division.

    If nothing else. they will hassle them a little.

    I'm still ticked off!

    ReplyDelete